Where the heck did October go?
I've been having so much fun chatting with you guys on the Maker Style Podcast, I figured that maybe I should try doing some more informal, personable blog posts about non-sewing project related stuff.
Bring a little spice into the sewing sphere.
So today I wanted to share some of the sewing and non-sewing related things I loved during the month of October. Here's what's been making me smile lately!
- Our French Press has totally changed my coffee making game - plus it's so much easier than using the refillable Keurig containers we had before. I love that it looks pretty on the counter, doesn't take up a lot of space, and is more environmentally and wallet friendly than disposable coffee options. We bought this one because it looked sturdier than the rest, and given the amount of coffee I consume in a day we figured durability would be important. There are cheaper options, but we're really satisfied with that we got for the price and are looking forward to using it for a long time.
- This past week was my reading week and I went on a little true-bias shopping spree to fill some gaps in my fall wardrobe. I picked up the Emerson Crops and sewed two pairs, and picked up the Ogden Cami and sewed one. These are easily some of the best patterns I've picked up in a while, and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. I've shared one pair of the crops so far and can't wait to blog the other items soon. I'm thinking since I liked these so much I should try the Roscoe Blouse next.
- Also on reading week I got to spend the day tearing around the city and crafting up a storm with my nanners. She lived with us throughout my whole childhood and I've missed her dearly since I moved out on my own. Having these days where we can chill and reconnect are amazing. The Instagram Story we filmed together is something I will always cherish - she's the best!
- We adopted a kitten! His name is Atlas and we brought him home on the 27th from our local Humane Society. Stella is adjusting surprisingly well and is working on teaching him his kitty manners. Will keep you guys updated with more adorable pictures on Instagram.
- Maker Style is now on YouTube! As of right now I have the first four episodes up, but the rest are coming. You can subscribe there and listen to each new episode when they come out. By listening to the adds on YouTube you can help support the show without having to pay a cent.
- Speaking of Maker Style, I've officially booked myself solid through the rest of 2016 and into 2017. Can we say YAY? Maker Style episodes for DAYS, everyone! There are so many great episodes coming up, I know you guys will love it!
- These new glasses from BonLook! What do you guys think? Yay? Nay? Let me know.
- I've been experimenting with using Creative Bug lately to see if it's a good alternative to Craftsy - Would anyone be interested in a comparison?
That's all for now! I hope your October was just as fabulous as mine was.
Onward to November!
Creative lifestyle blogger, dedicated to the process of making new things and worrying about being perfect LATER. Lover of Instagram, making things, and wearing dresses instead of pants.
I post a new handmade garment every Wednesday!